Saturday, June 2, 2012

Incognita Hat

I have finally finished the Incognita hat written by Bonnie Desroches and published in Reversible Knitting by Lynne Barr and Thayer Allyson-Gowdy. This was a somewhat challenging knit in design, but not as far as stitch patten goes. The construction was very interesting and clever and the hat turned out great. I didn't follow the instructions exactly because I was not sure how much yarn I had because I unknit a wool and angora blend Gap sweater that I found at the goodwill outlet. I only double stranded the band around the forehead but the other parts that were supposed to be doubled that I didn't double don't seem to be affected. I can't wait to wear it in Argentina! The patten can be found at your local library in Reversible Knitting or purhased on Ravelry here.

I started out with a sweater, but I was so excited to unravel it, I forgot to take a pic :(  This is the natural color and it is 90% wool and 10% angora.
This is one skein in the pot, I used lemon lime Kool-Aid to dye it and hot water. I put in 3 or 4 packets until I  got the desired color and then rinsed and hung to dry.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...