Thursday, September 27, 2012

Another Medical Mishap

I think I am having an allergic reaction to the Dove soap that I bought here in BA. I told the insurance company that I wanted to make an appointment with a dermatologist. Their response was to email me at 5pm today to let me know that I had an appointment but I had to get there before 8pm. This would not have been a problem other than the fact that I didn't get out of class until 7:30pm. I wrote down the address and I hopped on the #152 and made my way down Santa Fe to the 2400 block. The address is Santa Fe 2472 (they put the street name before the numbers). I hop off the bus and I cross the street to the even side to see the numbers. I see 2470 and I walk further up to find 2472, but all I saw was a corner. It seemed to me that the building did not exist. It was almost 8pm and I was looking for this non-existant building and I was fed up and I just started to walk home.

I have a SUBE card which enables me to pay a lower rate ($1.20 AR) for the bus, but it only had $.70 AR left on it and not shockingly, when I went to reload it, the machine at the Post Office was broken, so I had to pay $2 AR for the bus ride. However, I didn't have enough change for fare back home, so I was gonna stop at a kiosko and get change, but I  didn't feel like it,so I just walked the 15 blocks back home and saved by 2 pesos and got a little exercise. On the way home I bought some Johnson and Johnson baby soap and if that doesn't work....well, we will have to cross that bridge when we get to it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm from Buenos Aires. I stumbled upon your blog while looking at crafting/DIY/thrifting blogs, and read a bunch of your posts while you were here. You've been inactive for a while, but idk. Anyway, the dentist fire thing shocked me big time, I was as surprised as you. I was very surprised too, to read what your host cousin said about the n word. I'm frm here, as I said, and I have never said nor have I heard anyone say that word, let alone to adress someone who is lazy. I know most people here don't realize the use of the word in America, but to use it here, that comes as news to me. And not good ones. Your perception of the demonstration against the government also took me bu surprised (the aledgedly rich people and stuff), but I won't discuss politics right now, of course.
    Well, I don't know if you'll ever see this, since you seem to be inactive. But anyway. I hope your stay here was not too bad. We're better than most of the things I read here. Of course not as good as the US, we're not even a developed economy. But oh well. I wish you well, Darci.

    Juliana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...