Sunday, September 16, 2012

Its Been a Long Week

So, I have changed home stays after deciding that I could not longer live with the first family and I am all moved into another home. I love my host mother. Her name is Cecilia and she is not overbearing, she is easy going and she is not a smother-mother. I have had many adventures since my last post, but unfortunately I do not have internet at my new home yet because I moved during the weekend and my host mother couldn't get it hooked up on the weekend, which seemed strange to me because I am used to being able to call any company around the clock and get service, but that is not how we are living over here. For now, I am buying overpriced coffee for internet, but it is delicious, so I can't really complain. 

I will start with the least recent adventures first. The grocery store. It is amazing. There are so many new and different things. First, everyone needs their bimbo bread right? 


Im not sure if you can tell what this is. It is a wall of Nesquik. Yes, a wall. They don't play when it comes to Nesquik. 


This is twisted chocolate, I didn't buy it, but I am planning to go back for it. Im not sure it will be good, but it will be interesting. 


Then there was the protest. So, basically all of the rich people in BA think that Cristina is a bad person and that her government is corrupt and they want her out. There was a protest. They walked down the streets in the rich parts of town and yelled and banged pots and pans. They think she charges them to much taxes and she recently raised the amount that poor people get on welfare to keep up with inflation. She also wants to change the constitution to be able to run for president again. Basically, these people don't have anything better to do, so they complain about how hard it is to be rich. They also had signs that said typical protest things. Unfortunately, my school is in the middle of where they were passing, so traffic was stopped and I had to walk against the crowd to get home. It was a struggle, but I made it. 

There were people of all ages there. I mean, people in wheelchairs that looked like they were about to fall apart any second, but they were out there standing up for what they believe in. 





This guy. He was a chatterbox. We went to get ice cream at a chain called Freddo and he just walked up to us and started talking. I assumed he had been to the protest and he proudly pulled his pot out of his bag to show us. He said he was a farmer from one of the interior provinces and that he came to BA for the march. He said that she is an awful person and that she needs to go. He then started trying to tell us he started up with the marriage proposals and we bounced. 


Friday, Danijela and I went on a an adventure to find outlets on Córdoba. We searched for 2 hours in the wrong direction, then we got it right and we shopped til we dropped. We saw this cool looking building along the way. I discovered that "shopping" is a word in Spanish, but it is not a verb or an action, it is a place, like a bunch of stores or a mall. 



This is the school of Economics. 


This is exactly what you think it is. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...